Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Travelling Days

My mother and I both became widows within a few months of each other. My father after an operation at almost 92 years of age, and my husband from a combination of complications from two rare diseases.

Since our marriage, my husband became not a son-in-law to my father, but a brother. They enjoyed doing the same sort of things, liked the same activities, loved travel. My mother was my best friend after my husband. Our holidays we spent together most of the time. We had many trips together. Twice to New Zealand, a cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore, a cruise to the Whitsundays, many trips interstate and intrastate to timeshare destinations. When my parents went on an around Australia trip, my husband and I flew to Perth to spend a week with them. When my husband and I travelled around Australia, they came to Caloundra to meet us, and then on to Surfers Paradise with us.

Now there are just the two of us, but we still enjoy going away together. So, we booked a cruise to New Zealand. Shortly thereafter, I received an offer of a trip to Asia – the trip of a lifetime. We decided to go on that too!

Meanwhile, we took my daughter away for a week to a timeshare when she was due to have an operation on her hand. Beautiful Port Macquarie on the north coast. We even indulged ourselves in an ice cream each day…yummy!

Recently we took a trip to the theatre, taking my daughter with us (she loves musicals), and saw the production of "Wicked". I hear it is scheduled to be made into a movie. More recently, Mum and I went to a production of Cirque Mother Africa. Brilliant! Only show of it’s type that I have ever seen get a standing ovation.

No comments:

Post a Comment